SUNDAY UPDATE: welcome, Village Voice readers. Say, are you all as willfully stupid as that Roy guy or what?
I was the only person to get a perfect score in my Restricted handgun course today.
So: now what? I’d much prefer a semi-auto to a revolver.
Remember American readers — we aren’t allowed to have these:
but your suggestions are still welcome as long as they fall within the regulations:
* full-automatic firearms
* sawed-off rifles or shotguns with barrel length less than 457mm (18 inches); this does not apply to firearms manufactured with short barrels
* sawed-off rifles or shotguns with overall length less than 660mm (26 inches); this does not apply to firearms manufactured with short stocks or short barrels
* handguns with a barrel less than 105mm (4.14 inches), except certain specifically listed competition handguns which are restricted
* handguns in caliber .25 or .32, except certain specifically listed competition handguns which are restricted
* any of a long list of firearms specifically listed as prohibited. With few exceptions, if it has a remotely military appearance, it is prohibited.
* replicas of firearms
* any type of Taser or other firearm that discharges a dart or other object carrying an electrical current.
* tear gas, Mace or other gas, or any liquid spray, power or other substance that is capable of injuring, immobilizing or otherwise incapacitating any person
* any type of stun gun or other electrical charge device of length less than 480mm
I have very small hands with short fingers, and the instructors told me I’d have to take that into consideration.